Sunday 14 July 2013

The start of something new.

I fell in love with a pile of vintage chenille pieces recently at Alora's Adorables on Etsy. I was madly impatient waiting for them to arrive, but arrive they did and as soon as I saw them I suddenly know what they were waiting to be made into.

The only thing was, I needed plain fabrics to go with them. Time for my first trip to find The Village Haberdashery - not easy when you discover there's no tubes running due to engineering works, but it was even worth getting there the long way round. That and the amazing farmer's market just round the corner from the shop. 

The ladies were really helpful, especially to this total novice who had no idea what see needed other than the colours. Thank you both!

Home again now and don't the fabrics just look edible? They remind me of ice cream sundaes in Italy when I was little. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really