Monday 12 August 2013

A busy day

I have a whole week off work and nothing serious to do other than snuggle the FedEx kid and make a huge fuss of her on her birthday in a couple of days. 

Today I finally got the gravel laid under the pots in my garden. I'd love to plant borders but the cottage is rented and, much as I love it as my first ever home-of-my-own, I don't actually know how long I'll be here. The girls are growing up and won't be living at home forever. So pots it is. My plants seem happy there and every new pot means an excuse to acquire a new plant. 


I started piecing a new quilt top too, from a jelly roll of The Spice Trail by Freedom Fabrics. I had sorted out the strips and was happily humming away stitching them together when I realised that I still hadn't finished my Legacy jeans quilt and fished that out to work on. Now I'm torn between the two, but jeans first as it was started first. Bad, seductive Spice Trail fabric enticing me into starting something new. It's just such delicious warm autumn colours and I so want to snuggle under it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really