Sunday 11 August 2013

Penny Sampler quilt-along


I just signed up for an online quilting class: The Penny Sampler, run by Rachel of Stitched In Color. Actually, I signed up a couple of weeks ago, but put it to the back of my mind as the class doesn't start until the 19th August. 

I have been thinking about my fabrics though. I wanted to do something in warm reds, oranges and yellows because those have always been my favourite colours. I set up a mood board on Pinterest (my user name on there is treewytch, no surprises there) and had great fun looking for images.


I've realised that these colours on their own would be too much - they're all so shouty, so I tried to work out what else might work with them. I'll probably go with creams for my neutrals, but also maybe some mossy greens and purples, inspired by a gorgeous modern flower quilt that I found when I was browsing on my phone on the tube, but then promptly lost the details of. 

I can't wait to get started!
The first mini-project is either a cushion
 

or a quilt with the same pattern. 


I'm not even going to try to fit a whole quilt in around life, work, the minions and the zoo, but I've already ordered a cushion pad so I have no excuses not to finish it quickly. 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really