Tuesday 27 August 2013

Back-to-work Tuesday

Sitting on the Met line on a grey morning like today certainly does remind you that the summer is over. The Bank Holiday weekend has been very welcome and very lovely, although with a decidedly bitter-sweet tinge. It was the last weekend I'll get to spend with my baby girl (yes, I can still call a 6'2" recently-fourteen year old, my baby girl - you'll always be my last born diddy-bit so I have the absolute right - live with it, Fed-Ex!) living with me, as this time next week she'll have moved to start her new life out in the 'wilderness' of Staffs with her dad and his new family*.

I know she'll be happy and I know we'll still be close, even if we're not physically close, but boy will I miss the signs of her around here: finding the tv volume turned down to almost nothing so mum doesn't know she wasn't in bed 'til late last night (aided & abetted by the puppy)...


the battered lilac DMs...


the sleep-til-lunchtime...


(sometimes in The Barista's bed)...

 
the youngest of the sisters...




*Yes - I'm very aware that was the most convoluted, badly constructed sentence (possibly) ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really