Tuesday 1 October 2013

The big linky post


It's October the first and a whole host of new things starting today. The first is Blogtober, hosted by Shells in the Bush.  My challenge to myself, for this month, is to try and post every day, but more importantly to visit lots of other blogs and hopefully make a few new friends out there in the blogging world. 

Today is also the start of:

 

...both of which are perfect reasons to set myself targets and know that I have to keep them, just in case anyone is watching. 

My target for October is to finish the top of my wonky elephant quilt.

 

I have two patches done - well, nearly two - and another four to finish, then sashing to join them. I'm not quite decided on a colour for the sashing yet. I'm thinking a dark blue, but possibly a purple or magenta to pull out colours in the elephants. What do you think?

Getting it quilted would be wonderful too, but let's be realistic here. I have an exam to sit in the middle of October and start a new job at the end of October - those have to take priority over the fun stuff (grumble, mumble... sewing good, studying bad). 

For the rest of the quarter my targets are:
  • Get my Spice Trail quilt quilted
  • Finish two needle books for the LMQG swap
  • Send off two hexie flowers for the inchy hexie swap
  • Make my first ever mug rug for the mug rug swap
  • Finish my one block wonder quilts - yes I started two
  • Catch up with at least half of my horribly behind PennySampler blocks
  • Grow my tubemap quilt to 300 hexies
That should keep me busy, I think. 

3 comments:

  1. Blimey that is a lot of targets to complete. Well sounds a lot to me lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a lot - even to me. Ah well, better to have a high target to aim for than to get nothing done :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your exam and meeting all of your targets!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really