Sunday 22 September 2013

The Victoria Line

Progress on my hexie quilt is definitely linked to the fabrics I can lay my hands on. As a newcomer to quilting I have a very limited stash, in terms of quilting cotton, but quite a few odds and ends of other fabrics. 

The light blue Victoria line is definitely growing the fastest. I already have enough scraps cut for the section that I have drawn out so far - 43 pretty blue hexies. 


These fabrics are actually mostly cotton. From left to right:
  • some blue silk the colour of a pale summer sky
  • two bits from fat quarters I bought and can't remember what I bought them for
  • Zoom in Teal from the robotics range by Rebekah Ginda for Birch Organic Fabrics
  • scraps from my daughters' school shirts, no longer needed since they're all grown up now
  • some Kona cotton that matches the Robotics print perfectly (if I ever get it finished I'll show you what the robotics prints were for)
  • and, at the top, a pale spotty fabric that I only had enough of for two hexies. I found these little square scraps in the scrap bin at The Village Haberdashery

  • I really do need to draw out the rest of the map, other wise I'll end up with the edge sections using completely different fabrics just because I haven't allowed for them.

    And that wouldn't look good at all. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really