Thursday 5 September 2013

The seasons turn

Summer is definitely over. The British weather is flicking between grey, sticky humidity and drizzle, with occasional burst of bright blue skies. The London tubes are horribly hot and everyone already seems to have forsaken bright summer clothes for dark blue, grey and black. 

Yesterday morning I went in a little later than usual and the train carriages were emptier than the normal Jubilee morning sardine can squash. A few people were standing, but there was a clear view along from carriage to carriage through the lowered open widows at the end of each compartment. Then as the train gathered speed a glorious cool wind rushed along the train, unhampered by standing bodies, blowing my hair back and taking away all the hot stickiness. I stood with my eyes closed and my face turned delightedly into the moving air - it was one of those amazing moments that makes you glad to be alive. It lasted until the next stop then I got off and wandered on to work with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. 

 
My all-grown-up Giraffe Girl started sixth form today. As a tiny celebration I sat up last night when she thought I'd gone to bed and stitched the binding onto the unfinished Dogwood blossom cushion. (she'd had her eye on it as it was being made). And a new school, with new challenges needs some sort of gift to mark it's significance. 

Still love those big, strokeable, pearly buttons on the back. 


I made a wonky house for Amy's amazing wonky village - I can share it here now that I know it's safe and sound in it's new home.


If you haven't visited Amy's Crafty Shenanigans to see her wonky village growing you really should - it's wonderful!

Linking up with Brit Sewing Thursday over at Maybush Studios


And the Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really